RELIEF OPERATION PHASE
Coordination with concerned partner agencies and other stakeholders.
To provide Comprehensive Relief Assistance, the BMS-RACD may coordinate and secure support and assistance from government organizations (GOs) and non-government organizations (NGOs), such as:
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Local Government Units (LGUs)
- Philippine Red Cross (PRC)
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
- International Relief Organizations (IRO)
- Non-Government Organizations (NGO)
- Other Donors
Creating Muslim Assistance and Disaster Response Center and Unit (MADRC and MDRU)
- The NCMF Central Office through the BMS will establish Muslim Assistance and Disaster Response Center (MADRC) and the Regional Offices will establish and create a Muslim Disaster Response Unit (MDRU) composed of NCMF employees;
- The Regional Director may notify BMS for the occurrence of the calamity;
- The Regional Muslim Disaster Response Unit will assess and gather information and data on the occurrence of the disaster;
- The MDRU Team will coordinate and communicate with lead agencies (DSWD, LGU, RDMC, DOH, NGOs) relative to disaster/calamities.
- The Regional Director will make a report to the Secretary through BMS and make/submit a proposal for the relief assistance and financial plan to conduct relief operation;
- The BMS will review and evaluate the proposal and recommend for the approval by the Secretary; and
- BMS will coordinate with Regional Director for the proper implementation of the relief operation.
- Relief implementation/operation proper:
- The relief team must arrive on time.
- The team manager must assign each relief personnel to identify individual roles and tasking to have a division of labor and identification of work assignment to avoid overlapping of work.
- Proper procedure and process must be precisely informed and made known to both personnel and beneficiaries/victims.
- Ensure that the distribution system shall proceed as originally planned.
- Immediately evaluate if there are deviations from the original distribution plan.
- Claim stub or coupon must be given to the recipients/victims for fair and equal distribution of relief goods.
- Ensure that operators/coordinators and recipients follow instructions on how the distribution is to be done.
- Team members assist and participate in the operation without prejudice to break time and intermissions.
Relief Distribution and Legal Assistance to Muslim Inmates
- The BMS-Relief Assistance and Coordination Division (RACD) will identify the Jail to visit;
- The BMS Director will communicate/coordinate with the Jail Warden to identify the Muslim inmates;
- Interview the leader of the inmates and identify the problems encountered and their material needs;
- The BMS-RACD will make and submit Work and Financial Plan relative to the relief and legal assistance to the inmates;
- The BMS will request the NCMF Bureau of Legal Affairs to assist on the legal needs of the inmates;
- The BMS-RACD will submit to the Secretary through the BMS Director the program of activities together with the budget requirement;
- The BMS Director will recommend and forward the proposal to the Secretary for approval;
- Organize the relief team;
- Repacking of goods;
- Visitation proper;
- Submit report to the management.
Medical and Dental Mission
- Relief Assistance and Disaster Coordination Division (RACD) will prepare the Program and Financial Plan to conduct Medical and Dental Mission;
- Identify the target community/ beneficiaries;
- Coordinate with GOs and NGOs to be NCMF-BMS partner in the conduct of Medical and Dental mission;
- The program and financial plan for medical and dental mission will be recommended by the BMS for approval of the NCMF Secretary/CEO;
- BMS-RADC will organize the team;
- Coordinate with the leader of the target community relative to the conduct of Medical and Dental Mission;
- Make available the financial requirements and purchase of relief goods/medicines;
- Packing of medical equipment/medicine;
- Operation and conduct of mission as scheduled; and
- Post-activity report.
Post Reporting (Evaluation and Recommendation)
The Relief Assistance and Coordination Division should prepare a report before, during and after the operation and evaluate the relief operation done with appropriate recommendations for improvement of future relief operations. The following are vital in ensuring a comprehensive post-activity report, to wit:
- There must be proper documentation of the event.
- There should be proper feedback from the partner agencies and coordinators.
- There must be a post operation evaluation meeting.
- Make some recommendations to improve the next relief operations to be done.