OPERATION POLICIES AND GUIDELINES ON HAJJ
Who is Qualified to Perform Hajj?
A person is deemed qualified to perform Hajj when he or she is:
- His/her intention is sincere and aimed only to seek Allah’s pleasure; and
- Familiar with the stages/rituals of the Hajj and other recommended devotional acts.
- Has the capability to pay his/her travel expenses (airfare, land transportation, lodging, food, and other expenses);
- Has the capability to allocate provisions for dependents left at home;
- Has no personal debts; and
- His/her pilgrimage is not a result of borrowings and begging.
Physically and Mentally Fit as confirmed by a Physician
- Must be in good health;
- Must not have a communicable disease; and
- If partially disabled (one who can at least sit and stand), must travel with an aide at all times.
Requirements for Registration
- Personal interview of the applicant; and
- Personal appearance of the applicant at any DFA Consular Office upon filing of application for Hajj or Regular Passport.
Special Personal Requirements
- Female applicants must be traveling with a Mahram;
- Minor applicants must be accompanied by both parents; and
- Old-aged and handicapped applicants must be accompanied, at all times, by a physically fit relative.
- Application for Pilgrimage (Hajj Form No. 1);
- Joint affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons/NSO authenticated birth certificate of the applicant;
- Medical Certificate (Yellow Card) issued by the Bureau of Quarantine certifying that the pilgrim has been vaccinated against meningitis and flu;
- Application for Hajj passport (DFA Form supplied);
- Certificate of Tribal Membership (CTM) (Hajj Form No. 2);
- Six (6) copies of passport size (1.77” x 1.37”) recent colored photos in royal blue background; headdress in photo must be in dark color (black, brown, etc.); and Two (2) copies of passport size photo in plain white background and Two (2) copies ID size (1” x 1”).
Special Documentary Requirements
- For Reverts/Balik-Islam: Duly authenticated Certificate of Reversion/Conversion to Islam;
- For woman-pilgrim whose Mahram is her husband: Marriage Contract or Joint Affidavit of Marriage;
- For Government Official/ Employee: Appropriate travel order and/or Office Clearance; and
- Other travel documents, as may be required.