ATTY. ROLANDO T. ABO
Director IV, BLA
Email Address: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
It also acts as legal counsel of the Commission and investigates cases involving its personnel and submits appropriate recommendations pertaining thereto including valid complaints brought before the Commission.
The Bureau of Legal Affairs is composed of two divisions to manage its operations, namely:
- Legal Affairs Division
- Legal Assistance Division
Operational Programs and Activities
The Bureau activities include:
- Documentation Program
involves preparation and subscription of documents, affidavits, memoranda and contracts.
- Monitoring of Muslim Cases Program – surveying and monitoring of Muslim cases filed in court.
- Court Interpreting Program – attendance in courts within Metro Manila.
- Legal Support for Muslim Detainees Program – representations and jail visitations for Muslim detainees needing legal assistance.
- High Profile Muslim Cases Assistance Program – involves jails and detention cells visitations to assist in high profile Muslim cases.
- Walk-in Clients Assistance Program – preparation of endorsements letters, referral letters, among others.
- Litigation, Investigation and Other Legal Concerns Assistance Program – assists the NCMF Central and Regional Offices on litigation, investigation and other legal concerns by providing updates, clarifications, briefs on jurisprudence of laws and investigation of complaints.
- Legal Research, Advocacy Policy Reforms and Education Program – preparation of legal manuscripts and journals on relevant Muslim and indigenous people issues.
- Legal Internship Program – provision for internship of Muslim Law Students at NCMF.
- Quick Reaction Legal Team Program – one-stop shop legal assistance desk for Muslim indigents providing legal advice, assistance and investigations.
- Institutional Building and Partnership on Key Legal Engagements Program – domestic and foreign engagements in Peace and Development, Electoral Advocacy, Reforms and Education on Women and Children representing the Filipino Muslim communities in establishing and signing of Memorandum of Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Community Youth Paralegal Program – training of Muslim paralegals in the country.