National Commission on Muslim Filipinos Region XII-A
SOCCSKSARGEN Regional Office
The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos is mandated to preserve and develop the culture, tradition, institutions and well-being of Muslim Filipinos in conformity with the country’s laws and in consonance with national unity and development, was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 9997 otherwise known as the
“National Commission on Muslim Filipinos Act of 2009”.
It is henceforth the policy of the State to ensure the rights and well-being of Muslim Filipinos with due regard to their beliefs, customs, traditions and institutions, as well as to further ensure their contribution to national goals and aspirations and to make them active participants in nation-building.
MANDATES/POWERS and FUNCTIONS
The Commission is hereby authorized to establish, operate and maintain Regional Offices in such appropriate administrative regions of the country, each of which shall be headed by a Regional Director.
Article II, Section 13 of RA 9997 stipulates that a Regional Office shall have, within its administrative region, the following functions:
- Implement laws, rules, regulations, policies, programs and projects of the Commission;
- Establish regional and provincial Hajj coordinating and monitoring units;
- Provide efficient and effective services to Muslim Filipinos;
- Coordinate with regional offices and agencies of the Executive Department;
- Coordinate with local government units; and
- Perform such other functions as maybe provided by law.
Each Regional Office is headed by a Regional Director with the following divisions, namely:
- Administrative and Finance Division (AFD)
- Cultural Affairs Division (CAD)
- Socio-Economic Development Division (SEDD)
- Muslim Settlement Division (MSD)
- Legal Affairs Division (LAD)
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution Division (PBCRD)
NCMF SOCCSKSARGEN Regional Office is located at 2nd Floor, F&A Building, Sinsuat Avenue, Cotabato City. Our official email add is firstname.lastname@example.org with Telefax number (064) 425-6253.
PICTURE OF THE REGIONAL OFFICE